Conte Announces His Departure from Napoli and Supports Guardiola Coaching the National Team

Conte Announces His Departure from Napoli and Supports Guardiola Coaching the National Team

Sunday 24-05-2026
Italian coach Antonio Conte sparked a lot of controversy after his recent statements about his coaching future and the possibility of coaching the national team, confirming that everything being said currently does not go beyond rumors.

In statements announcing his departure from Napoli, he said: A month ago, I told Aurelio that my career was over, nothing else matters to me anymore. I couldn't achieve unity in Napoli; it's hard to fight this way.

He continued: I saw a group of venomous snakes; these are failures. These people should be kept away from Napoli... I failed in this regard. I thank the president; I believe Napoli fans understand my position.

Conte said: “My future? At the moment, these are just speculations. The national team? So far, there is no federation president, is Italy ready to bring in a big coach?”

The coach also spoke about the name Pep Guardiola, who has been linked with the national team, saying: “I also read Guardiola's name, but is the federation ready for that? I am the first to say let's go and contract Guardiola, but do we have the necessary funds?”

Conte concluded his statements with a cryptic message about his personal future, saying: “I might also decide to step away and take a break.”
Matches
Videos
News
Standings
Transfer
settings